Tooth fillings are placed in teeth to replace tooth structure lost due to chipping, a crack and, more commonly, tooth decay.
Common types of filling are:
- amalgam (mercury alloy based)
- composite (aesthetic tooth coloured)
Tooth fillings can repair minor structural defects in teeth and help restore original form and function. They are strong and durable, although large fillings will often need to be reinforced with crowns.
What to expect when getting a tooth filling?
- Your dentist will numb the tooth needing treatment
- The tooth is cleaned of debris and specially prepared
- The tooth filling material is carefully placed in layers
- The material is set hard by a special blue light
- Once completed, the filling is shaped, polished and adapted to your bite
Fillings generally last a few years before they need to be replaced.
How Much do Tooth Fillings Cost?
We welcome you to browse our website further, or contact us directly to learn more about how we can assist you. You can also book online using the icon at the top of this page.
Make an Appointment