An extraction of a tooth may be necessary for several reasons. These include:
- The tooth is severely decayed and cannot be restored with a filling or root canal treatment
- The tooth has experienced trauma due to an accident
- The tooth is very mobile due to severe gum disease
- The tooth is a wisdom tooth that is difficult to clean, is severely decayed, and/or is causing gum problems
- To create space for orthodontic treatment
At Salamanca Dental, we understand that a tooth extraction is not the most pleasant experience and can cause a lot of anxiety. The team at Salamanca Dental will do everything possible to ensure you feel comfortable and at ease.
What to expect when getting a tooth removed:
- Your dentist will numb the tooth needing treatment
- You will feel lots of pressure as the tooth is removed
- Once the tooth is removed and the site is healed, replacement options, if applicable, can be
explored and discussed
Where to next?
We welcome you to browse our website further, or contact us directly to learn more about how we can assist you with your routine check-up. You can also book online using the icon at the top of this page.