Aching teeth with nerve damage need to have the tooth nerve removed by a careful procedure to make them pain-free. This is known as root canal treatment and is a great alternative to extraction. Once the nerve chamber is cleaned and space-filled, the tooth usually requires a crown to stop it from cracking or chipping.
What to expect when having root canal treatment
- The dentist will numb the tooth needing treatment
- A special rubber barrier is placed to isolate the tooth and to make the visit easier on the patient
- The nerve chamber is accessed, the nerve removed and space cleaned
- The special filling material is carefully placed into the space
- The access point is sealed with a filling
- A crown is required over the filling to support tooth strength and durability
Root-filled teeth need to be cared for just like any other teeth. We recommend 6-monthly routine dental check-ups and cleaning along with diligent home oral hygiene, to help the treated tooth last a long time.
How Much does Root Canal Treatment Cost?
We welcome you to browse our website further, or contact us directly to learn more about how we can assist you with your dental requirements.
Make an Appointment