Implants are special titanium screws placed in the jawbone to restore a missing tooth, restore multiple teeth and can be used as an alternative to dentures.
Benefits of implants
Implants have many benefits. They:
- are long-lasting and secure
- do not affect adjacent teeth
- maintain the structure of the face by reducing bone resorption
- are comfortable to chew on
- improve speech by filling gaps
- are the closest thing in dentistry to a natural tooth
Placement of implants requires surgery and good bone quality. Once an implant is placed, healing must occur before the tooth crown is placed. Not every gap can be filled with an implant. Your dentist will assess your mouth clinically and with special X-rays to determine suitability. This process – to plan, place and heal fully – can take several months.
An implant needs to be cared for in a special way. We recommend 6-monthly routine dental check-ups and cleaning along with diligent home oral hygiene, to help your implant last as long as possible.
Where to next?
We welcome you to browse our website further, or contact us directly to learn more about how we can assist your with your dental requirements.