Our Hobart clinic offers ‘false teeth’ or ‘dentures’ – a traditional way to restore multiple missing teeth. Dentures may be used to help improve facial aesthetics, cheek support, chewing, speech and lip support.
Types of dentures
Several types of dentures are available at our Hobart clinic:
- gum supported
- implant supported
A denture can be worn in the mouth all day. However, it does need to be removed from the mouth for cleaning and overnight.
What to expect at our Hobart clinic
Dentures are custom made for you over 3-4 visits to ensure good results.
- Your dentist will assess your mouth
- Minor modification to teeth or tissue may be required
- Your dentist takes moulds of your mouth
- A prototype is made, fitted and adjusted
- The final denture is fitted, checked and adapted to your bite
Caring for your new denture smile
Just like real teeth, a denture needs regular cleaning too. Use water or a suitable denture cleaner, along with a soft brush, to clean all the surfaces of the denture.
Dentures will need to be replaced every 5-7 years, as the mouth tissues change over time.