Choosing a dentist can be a difficult decision.
Finding the ‘right’ dentist can be hard. Most people start by asking family, friends or colleagues for recommendations. Others simply choose a dentist based on convenience because a dental practice is close to home, work or the children’s school. There is however an alarming number of people who do not see a dentist regularly. Statistics report 42.9% of adult Australians and 39.5% of children do not visit the dentist regularly.
How can you choose the right dentist?
Determine what you want from a dentist. Asking family, friends and colleagues will give you some suggestions, but you need to find out more about the dentist.
- Going to their website and reading the dentists biographies.
- Language other than English may be of interest to you, so find out if the dental clinic caters for your preferred language.
- Find out what the dentist’s area of focus is; cosmetic dentistry, children’s dentistry, or others.
- Find a dentist with extended hours? Busy lifestyles demand being able to visit the dentist at times that suit.
- Ask if the dentist would attend to your dental emergencies the day you call.
- Ask is the potential dental clinic focused on prevention or reactive dental care?
Choose a dentist that fits your needs. Simply choosing a dentist on one factor may not be the best choice of dentist for you.
Try and visit your dentist every six months for a dental check-up. By doing so, your dentist will notice areas of concern early and less expensive treatment options are available.
When you call a new dental practice, ask questions.
Why choose Salamanca Dental?
Salamanca Dental is an award winning dental practice, with three dentists, a dental hygienist and a visiting oral surgeon. We are prevention focused and offer extended hours on Tuesday evenings and Saturday morning for your convenience. You can read more about our dentists on our website Smile Providers page.
Make an appointment today with one of our providers to experience our recognised exceptional customer service. To make an appointment or to speak with one of our friendly staff, please call Salamanca Dental on 6288 8070, contact us here or book online