Brighter days bring brighter smiles
When was the last time you went to the dentist?
If the answer is more than six months ago, then it’s time to make an appointment with Salamanca Dental.
A clean, healthy smile is just as important as a clean house, which is why a clean should not be limited to just the house this spring.
You may be wondering why you need to have your teeth professionally cleaned by a dentist when you can just as easily do it at home. Think of it from this perspective; dental cleanings at a dentist get your teeth cleaner than you could ever get them with brushing and flossing alone, which are both very important for your oral health.
Here is a quick insight into what goes on at a normal dental cleaning:
- A physical examination of the mouth, where a small mirror is used to check around your mouth for any signs of gingivitis (inflamed gums) or potential areas of concern.
- Removal of plaque or tartar.
- Tooth polishing and cleaning to ensure teeth are completely tartar free.
- A rinse to get rid of any leftover debris.
- Professional cleanings also help with the maintenance of good oral health. They allow for comparisons with previous appointments, and act as an educational service so we can teach the most efficient ways of how to brush your teeth and correctly floss.
- We might also take dental x-rays to check between your teeth, the areas we cannot visually see.
Most importantly, it allows for the opportunity of early detection of any areas in the mouth that may need special attention and acts as a preventative measure to observe for any potential problems…problems detected earlier are a lot easier to treat.
After all you can’t remove stains, apply a remineralising agent, or polish your teeth at home unless that is of course you live at the dentist office! Add a fresh smile to the spring cleaning checklist today.